- This event has passed.
Round Table on Open Science at UNESCO’s Third World Conference on Higher Education
May 19, 2022 |2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
The Open Science: Innovations, Challenges and Projections for the Future based on an Inter-regional Dialogue initiative jointly organised by OBREAL Global and the EU-LAC Foundation will hold a round table on Open Science in the framework of the UNESCO’s World Higher Education Conference which will take place in Barcelona on 18-20 May.
This initiative had two parts, the first one consisted of two virtual dialogues in which together with colleagues from institutions around the world we analysed, debated and explored the future of Open Science ( watch the recordings here) and the second part, which will be the round table that will take place on 19 May from 14:30 to 16:00 and will feature a high-level inter-regional panel:
- Prof. Ramon Torrent – President, OBREAL Global
- Prof. Michael Murphy – President of the European University Association (EUA)
- Dr Oscar Domínguez – President of the Latin American and Caribbean Higher Education Area (ENLACES); Executive Director of the Colombian Association of Universities (ASCUN)
- Prof. Olusola Oyewole – Secretary General of the Association of African Universities (AAU)
- Dr Vidya Yeravdekar – Head of the Higher Education Section of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI); Pro-Chancellor at Symbiosis international University, India
- Dr Adrián Bonilla – Executive Director, EU-LAC Foundation